Delco has more than 50,000 small businesses with fewer than 500 employees. According to the Small Business Development Center of Pennsylvania, 75 percent are sole proprietors working on their own and 24 percent are businesses with fewer than 100 employees.
Each year, the Delaware County Chamber of Commerce selects member businesses to be recognized at the Small Business Awards. This year’s honorees are:
- Small Business of the Year: Delfera Heating & Cooling Co.
- Family Business of the Year: M. Cohen & Sons The Iron Shop
- Small Business Person of the Year: Dave White of DWD Mechanical
- Entrepreneur of the Year: Deborah Collins of The Dress Matters Bridal Shop
- Emerging Business of the Year: Nettology, LLC
- SCORE Business of the Year: Heartline Press, Inc.
Join the celebration of distinction at the chamber’s Small Business Awards dinner on Thursday, March 30 at 5:30 PM at the Drexelbrook Special Events Center in Drexel Hill. The evening kicks off with a networking cocktail hour, followed by dinner and the awards program, ending with keynote speaker Patrice Banks of Girls Auto Clinic in Upper Darby.
Click here for more information and to register.