Swarthmore College is one of the Top 30 institutions of higher learning in America, according to the Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education College Rankings.
The rankings are based on a survey of 200,000 current students. It includes performance indicators to provide the answers that matter most to students and their families when deciding on their next educational step.
The rankings use 15 individual performance indicators to create the overall score. These are divided into four key areas: Resources, Engagement, Outcomes, and Environment. Environment accounts for 10 percent of the overall score, with Engagement worth 20 percent, Resources 30 percent, and Outcomes 40 percent.
Swarthmore College ranks No. 30 with an overall score of 80.9, with its highest score in Resources. Haverford College is next on the list at No. 42 with an overall score of 78.
Villanova University ranks 120th with an overall score of 66.1 and Widener University placed 233rd with 59.1. Eastern University ranked between 501 and 600.
Further down the list, Cabrini University is in the bracket between 601 and 800, while Neumann University is above 800. Cheyney University did not make the list.
See the entire rankings in The Wall Street Journal by clicking here.